HerStry is dedicated to empowering women through storytelling. Every month we choose a different theme to help get your writing juices flowing.
October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. So in honor of that we are looking for stories about pregnancy loss. Share your story with us and we will share it on HerStry in hopes that it helps other women who might be going through something similar.
Know that we read every story we receive and though we cannot select every story we're honored that you have shared them with us.
- All stories should be true and about you.
- Stories should stay between 500-3,000 words.
- Writers must submit an author photo and short third person bio.
- Stories must be submitted in some type of word document. We will not consider PDFs.
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please make sure to withdraw your essay should it get published elsewhere.
- HerStry works exclusively with women identify folks to amplify their stories. Please check our website herstryblg.com to see if you are a good fit for us.
Stories due by October 22nd
Women of color and LGBTQIA writers encouraged to submit.
All accepted stories will receive a $20 payment.
* The $3 fee goes toward keeping HerStry sustainable.
We regret that we cannot offer individual feedback on submissions, but we do offer personal editorial services.