HerStry is dedicated to empowering women through storytelling. Every month we choose a different theme to help get your writing juices flowing.
What would you say to your past self if you could go back in time and give her some advice? Would you tell her things turn out okay? Would you warn her against doing a certain thing or knowing a certain person. During the month of July we are collecting your letters to your past self. The advice you would give her, the wisdom you would share with her. We want to read all of it.
- All stories should be true and about you and written in letter form.
- Stories should stay between 500-3,000 words.
- Writers must submit an author photo and short third person bio.
- Stories must be submitted in some type of word document. We will not consider PDFs.
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please make sure to withdraw your essay should it get published elsewhere.
- HerStry works exclusively with women identify folks to amplify their stories. Please check our website herstryblg.com to see if you are a good fit for us.
Stories due by July 23rd
Women of color and LGBTQIA writers encouraged to submit.
All accepted stories will receive a $20 payment.
* The $3 fee goes toward keeping HerStry sustainable.