HerStry is dedicated to empowering women through storytelling. Every month we choose a different theme to help get your writing juices flowing.
It's May. The month of mothers. So this month HerStry is collecting stories about motherhood. It's a big topic and we did that for a reason. Everyone's experience of motherhood is different and we want to capture that. So if you have a story about motherhood, good or bad, we want to read it.
- All stories should be true and about you.
- Stories should stay between 500-3,000 words.
- Writers must submit an author photo and short third person bio.
- Stories must be submitted in some type of word document. We will not consider PDFs.
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please make sure to withdraw your essay should it get published elsewhere.
- HerStry works exclusively with women identify folks to amplify their stories. Please check our website herstryblg.com to see if you are a good fit for us.
Stories due by May 21st
Women of color and LGBTQIA writers encouraged to submit.
All accepted stories will receive a $20 payment.
* The $3 fee goes toward keeping HerStry sustainable.