HerStry is dedicated to empowering women through storytelling. Every month we choose a different theme to help get your writing juices flowing.
Everyone experiences loneliness. But somedays it feels like you are the only one. That everyone else is being social and you are the only one who feels alone.During the month of April we are collecting stories about being lonely. How do you deal with it? Do you embrace it? What has your loneliness taught you?
- All stories should be true and about you.
- Stories should stay between 500-3,000 words.
- Writers must submit an author photo and short third person bio.
- Stories must be submitted in some type of word document. We will not consider PDFs.
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please make sure to withdraw your essay should it get published elsewhere.
- HerStry works exclusively with women identify folks to amplify their stories. Please check our website herstryblg.com to see if you are a good fit for us.
Stories due by April 23rd
Women of color and LGBTQIA writers encouraged to submit.
All accepted stories will receive a $20 payment.
* The $3 fee goes toward keeping HerStry sustainable.